Thursday, November 4, 2010

First Dance Song | Toledo Wedding Planner | Perrysburg Wedding Planner

You’re looking for inspiration for your first dance as husband and wife, check out these 5 tunes that are sure to bring a smile to your face and tears of joy to everyone watching!

1. Come Away With Me – Norah Jones

“Come away with me and we’ll kiss on a mountain top; come away with me and I’ll never stop loving you.”

With lyrics like these and Norah Jones’ sultry voice, this is one first dance song that will be loved by any bride and groom!

2. Just The Way You Are – Billy Joel

Don’t go changing, trying to please me. You never let me down before.”

There are several versions of this song, but I still return to Billy Joel’s interpretation time and again. The lyrics of this song are absolutely perfect for a first dance between the bride and groom!

3. It Had To Be You – Frank Sinatra

“It had to be you; I’ve wandered around, finally found somebody who could make me be true.”

Frank Sinatra is a popular choice for wedding ballads, and with lyrics like these, you can certainly see why!

4. A Groovy Kind Of Love – Phil Collins

“Wouldn’t you agree baby, you and me, we’ve got a groovy kind of love.

This is a bit of a quirky choice for the first dance song, but the lyrics are emotional and full of sentiments that are perfect for the bride and groom just embarking on their life together.

5. Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You – Frankie Valli

“You’re just too good to be true, can’t take my eyes off of you, you’d be like Heaven to touch, I wanna hold you so much.”

The first few opening lines of this classic ballad by Frankie Valli sums up the rest of the song beautifully, making it a wonderful choice for the first dance.

These are easily some of my favorite romantic wedding songs, but it’s important to choose one that has meaning for you and your partner. Which songs do you recommend for the first dance between husband and wife?


Thank you to Blushing Bridezilla for this post!

Your Perfect Day.....because you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment