1. Find Affordable Containers – Renting containers is a great option! Your Perfect Day has candy buffet containers & you can rent a whole table's worth for about $25.
2. Use other fillers – You can use less candy as long as you add some other things to the table:
- Table runners – adding a table runner or two adds a lot more interest, looks lovely and does not have to cost a fortune. Your Perfect Day rents out table runners.
- Flowers and Flower Petals – You can get great deals on silk rose petals at Micheal's or Hobby Lobby and sprinkle them in between the containers. You can also use silk flowers placed randomly among the jars or use bouquets of flowers in jars and vases.
- Pictures – One great idea I came across was to place framed pictures of other weddings (your parents, grandparents, etc) or your engagement pictures among the containers. It also adds a personal touch. Frames could also be added with a menu of the items available, a title (Jake & Jill’s Sweet Shop, etc), a thank you note, a special poem or song, etc.
- Candles – of course, placed in such a way that people can reach the candy without burning themselves or knocking them over.
- The wedding cake
- a chocolate fountain
- a punch bowl or fountain
- cookies, squares, and other dessert items
- fortune cookies
- favor boxes
- guest book
4. Affordable Candy – the candy is of course, the most expensive aspect of the candy buffet but there are ways to control that cost as well. Here are a few tips:
- Don’t go overboard. If you are using my ideas in section 2 and 3 – your candy buffet does not have to include TONS of candy to look full and elegant. You reasonably need to have enough candy for a small bag full per guest.
- Size Matters – Stick to small and medium size containers. Then, place the containers on different levels by places different boxes or books under the table cloth to create risers for some of the containers to sit on. This makes containers easier to reach, and makes the table look fuller.
- Buy in bulk – Once you know what types of candy you want, check out different bulk candy suppliers and compare prices. Here are a few great places:
- COLOR makes a difference – in generally, a candy buffet in coordinated colors looks much more elegant then one that features a hodge podge of random selections. Many bulk suppliers will let you purchase bulk orders of things like jelly beans – all in one color.
For more wedding ideas, contact Your Perfect Day!